Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We Are Back!!

Hey everybody,  I would like to say that I have spent my break chilling out at the lake, but alas the people have been too busy to take us. Before I let you know what they have been up to, let me give you an update on Joe & Lil Britches ; they were both saved!! Lil Britches was accepted into a place in TN called Clover for Rover Animal Sanctuary & we got an update that she is doing great! They expect her to be able to lead a normal life. We do not know if Joe was adopted or sent to a rescue, but he is safe :)

Okay so the Mrs. tries to keep an eye on the Petfinder page of STAR just in case there is anything that she can do to help. She had been watching a listing for a girl named Jasmine. She was left chained to the porch when her "family" moved away. She was on such a short tangled chain that she could not even sit down. Luckily the landlord found her before it was too late. Unfortunately, there were 2 kitty cats inside that were not found in time.  One day her post showed that she urgently needed a foster or rescue because she was PREGNANT!! So the Mrs. sent an email to let STAR know that she has no experience with puppies or birthing, but she could provide a safe (mostly quiet) place for her to be. The very next evening the Mrs. met a STAR volunteer half way between where we live & where STAR is located. When she saw Jasmine she was surprised at how small she was (except for her big belly!).

This picture was taken about 10 minutes after Jasmine got to our house. She climbed right into the baby pool that the Mrs. set up for her out in the family room. Now remember that I have heard all of this stuff second hand. For some crazy reason, Jasmine has not been allowed to be in the same room as us. Anyways, from what I have been told, Jasmine had been at the house for about 30 minutes when suddenly she screamed (I DID hear this & all of us dogs freaked out!!) & had a baby!! Can you believe it, a baby was born in MY house & I did not get to see it?!!


All in all, Jasmine had 6 babies!

The Mrs. said that she is very impressed with what a good mother Jasmine is. Can you imagine how sweet of a girl she must be?! You know that she had to be scared out of her mind when she traveled with someone she did not even know & ended up in a house with a bunch of dogs (even though she can't see us, I know she can smell & hear us) & then BAM 30 minutes later you have to trust the stranger to help you have your pups??!! Even though, I have not met her yet, she is one cool chick if you ask me. Thankfully all of the pups were born healthy. I can't believe how much Jas gets to eat! It seems like every time I turn around, they are taking more & more food out to her. I guess she needs to eat a lot though, because her puppies are huge now!! They are only 10 days old in these pics, but look how much they have grown!!




I keep asking when I can go out & meet them all???!!!!

I could be giving my love to all of the babies. What ? They need to stay warm right? Who could do a better job of that than me? I guess maybe mama would not like that too much though. Oh and before I get in trouble for not mentioning them, Ciara & Topaz are here & doing great. We three are the best of friends; truth be told though, Topaz & Ciara are closer to each other than me. I do not like the heat & stay inside as much as I can, but those two do not care what the weather is like outside; they just want to play!

BOL, can you believe Topaz still likes stretching out on the table? At least it is no longer the kitchen table she is laying on.
Here are a few pics taken today. The babies are 2 weeks and 1 day old.







If anyone has any tips or advice on raising puppies, please send it our way. Because of everything being so busy here, the people are only going to post once a week. Until then, I will be waiting patiently :)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The puppies awww so cute! I admire what you do to help all the unfortunate furbabies. You rock!

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

What an amazing story, you guys are awesome. Such cute puppies!

Two Pitties in the City said...

Wow, things have been so busy in your house. And I do commend you for taking her in with the pups; I can't imagine how hard that must be to manage in the home. It's great to see all you do; what an inspiration!

Kari in Alaska said...

those puppies are SO CUTE. I am sure Pauley would be super gentle with the pups

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

pam said...

Awwwwww now that is some kyoot right dere...

Oh yeah... WELCOME BACK PAULIE JAMES! We misseded you...

Bobo and Meja

Of Pit Bulls and Patience said...

congrats!!! I bet they'll name you Godfather! That must be so much work, good for you!

Sheltie Times said...

I think you would make a great foster Dad. The puppies need someone like you to protect them until they are ready to find their own forever homes. Your Mom is going to need all the help she can get taking care of all of you.

Kristine said...

Puppies!! No wonder you haven't been blogging much lately. You have been too busy rolling in puppy love. I am so glad you were able to help out this lovely dog. I have a feeling once the puppies are old enough, they are not going to be around for long!

chandra said...

Welcome back!!! So glad to see you and hear about all that's been happening (phew!) Great news about Joe and Lil' Britches. Jasmine is gorgeous and the puppies are beyond cute!

Looking forward to your next update. Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!

-Chandra at Daley's Dog Years