1. When did you begin your blog? December 2010
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog? We originally started the blog in hopes of finding Mr. Pauley James a home.
|Our Pauley James|
|Current Adoptable Jenny|
|Current Adoptable Sherry|
4. How often do you post? Usually once or twice a week.
5. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you? I blog whenever I can find a few minutes to spare & when a computer is available.
If you don’t publish on a schedule, why? How do you think your decision affects your audience? How do you know when a topic is “post-worthy?” We were without a computer at home for most of 2012. Most of the time, the blog was updated from work on my lunch. Sometimes I have other things that I have to get done & can’t squeeze it in. I think we have lost readers due to the fact that it is not updated consistently. I post about whatever is happening at the time.
6. How much time do you spend writing your blog per week? How much time visiting other blogs? Share your tips for staying on top of it all. I spend a lot of time reading other blogs & feel like I can’t keep caught up. In real life, we do not really have many “animal loving” friends & it is nice to see that contrary to popular belief, we are not crazy for loving our pets!
7. How do you measure the success of a post and of your blog in general (comments, shares, traffic)?
I measure it by the amount of comments. I love comments, but we really do not get many. I think I need to look into a comment system that lets you reply to comments/questions.
8. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one issue you’re having with your blog, what would it be? I need help in engaging readers.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2013? To get back to doing fun entries that make me laugh :)
A huge thank you to our readers & the host of the Third Annual Pet Blogger Challenge, GoPetFriendly.com
Also thank you to Bren from Pibbles & Me for letting us know about it!