Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My First Vacation Continued

The owner at our home away from home told us about an area where water wasn't so rough...The wind is INSANE there but the water is calm.  People do a lot of wind surfing there...
Annie loved it instantly.  Unlike me, she is not a fan of the BIG WAVES.  She is 15 years old but she was as active as a puppy when we reached the water's edge.
I still attacked the water as I always do.  I wish my people would move closer to this area...It's awesome!!!
Seeing the fish swimming blew my mind!  I want to be a fish...or a boat...or anything that stays in the ocean...seems like a good life...
WATER!!!  I got you.  I'm Pauley James from  KY & I can drink the ocean dry.

My Boy looks bored.  How can he be bored??? LOL---who cares?
Hey---is that my sister, Annie???
It is!  She swims very gracefully---unlike me...It was so cool to see her out in the water again. 
Still sporting my life jacket...
I need to apologize to My Boy!  I did not realize how much I was splashing him until I saw this picture. He was telling me stop drinking the water, too.  (I did not listen).
What's with humans and breaks?  They are kooky.  If there's water---let's swim...


ok, this is more like it.  I am back in the water but Mr. and Annie are back at the shore.  Oh well, more ocean for me!!!
I look pretty intense in the picture.
I love to make splashes!!!  I swim better than Olympic winner, Michael Phelps.  Seriously, I'll take him on anytime...
Another great shot of Annie.  Mr. and Annie found a big crab on the shore.  Annie wanted to eat it but Mr. walked her away.  Annie is not afraid of any animals!  She's super silly...

I am so TIRED!!!  I need a little rest.  Swimming sure tires you out. 
Another fantastic shot of Annie.  She's tougher than nails...
We were in North Carolina but it looks like we are entering a jungle here.  I love walking on new paths and trails.  Gotta mark some territories. 
Look at my smile!! 
Check me out...Chilling on a surfboard in front of the outside shower at our home away from home (Mr. and Mrs. loved the outside shower).  The BEACH sign is cool...showed me the way to heaven...
Holy smoke!  Look at the lighthouse.  It was really cool to see...

I wanted to walk to the top but NO DOGS ALLOWED!!! I think my family was actually relieved about this. I bet there are an awful lot of steps to get to the top.


That was a quick week! Hopefully we can all go back some day! Thanks for checking out my pics. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!

4 comments:

What Remains Now said...

Pauley James...You and Annie look SO HAPPY. I laughed out loud over your pictures and your commentary. I think this vacation was just the thing and a super success.

Anonymous said...

Aww I totally enjoy being on vacation with ya'll via your pics. You have an amazing family!

Jean said...

I love that you found a place where Annie enjoyed a swim too. I'm with her - the older I get, the calmer I like the waters (literally and metaphorically!). What a great vacation you had, and your smile says it all!

Jan said...

We won't be going on vacation this year. Thanks for sharing your amazing pictures.